DevOps is not a easy process change but a shift in the core culture of organizations. In order to successfully adopt DevOps organizations must turn a culture of transparency and collaboration.
The DevOps Institute and peoplecert are organizing emerging DevOps practices into relevant training and certiﬁcations to provide common knowledge, specialized skills and recognized qualiﬁcations, which will ensure high quality DevOps talent worldwide.
2. GITHUB: Though it has various other applications, GitHub works best for testing when integrated with TestRail, a web-based test management software tool. It can be used by developers, testers, and other stakeholders, to manage and coordinate their software testing processes. GitHub is a version control system that aids in software building and continuous integration. It helps developers notify each other of new changes being introduced into code, collaborate on projects, and exchange individual versions of code.
3. MAVEN: It is a free tool that uses Java, Ruby, and other languages to automate software build lifecycles. This helps reduce the efforts involved in software development cycle and minimizes release time. It uses an XML file to summarize the various components, plugins, and external modules involved in a software project.
4. CRUISECONTROL: This Java-based open source tool is a blessing for your continuous integration efforts. It offers a variety of plugins for sending out email notifications, version control, and software build processes. Each change introduced into the source code is recorded and the entire team can track the changes via a common dashboard. This simplifies communication and enables the continuous integration process.
5. JENKINS: This is a popular continuous integration and continuous delivery application that can easily distribute individual versions of code to multiple computers. It makes it possible to notify each member of the development team to keep track of all the changes being introduced into the code. When integrated with other applications/ plugins, Jenkins aids in the testing and continuous deployment efforts.
6. SELENIUM AUTOMATION FRAMEWORK (SAF): Selenium IDE is a complete integrated software development environment that makes it possible to write tests in popular programming languages like Java, Groovy, Perl, etc. SAF is an open source software testing framework for web-based applications which are developed using Selenium. It supports scriptless test automation, thereby minimizing costs, coding efforts, and time.
7. TESTNG: It supports end-to-end testing, functional testing, unit testing, and integration testing. It offers new and effective functionalities such as annotations, flexible test configuration, support for data-driven testing, among several others. These new functionalities benefit both the testers and developers.
This are the popular DevOps testing tools. Choose tools suitable for your specific needs and work environment to make the most of the various open source testing tools available today.